Forgot Yahoo Password? There is nothing to be worried about. This happens to many of us. There could be one or other reason that leads you typing a wrong password and trying another after when in need to access your Yahoo account. Let’s skip the reasons and jump to the fact that you have forgotten Yahoo Password. Possibilities are there could be some important mail waiting for your response and misplaced or forgotten login credential is about to ruin your day. Well, like other email service providers, Yahoo leave us several alternative ways to access the account. Previously set Secret Question and answer, or a secondary email ID linked to the Yahoo! the account could be playing the role of savior here.
Important Note: Yahoo! Accounts that have been inactive for 12-months is liable to be deleted permanently. The abandoned accounts are being deleted from its server to keep the server more reliable and load-free. In this case, once deleted account will not be recovered anyhow.
How to Recover Forgotten Yahoo! Password & Regain Access?
Throughout this post, we are tying the most effective solutions to recover your Yahoo! account access when the password is forgotten. If the once set password is forgotten, you may reset the password without any hassle.
Solution 1: Reset Yahoo! Mail Account Password
The forgotten Yahoo password can be reset and regain access to the account by following the below steps.
- Step 1: Go to the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page through any browser.
- Step 2: Input your Yahoo mail ID or phone number linked to the account.
- Step 3: And then proceed to click on “Continue” button.
- Step 4: You may type the CAPTCHA code as shown in case it’s asked.
[From this point, Yahoo! sign-in helper is likely to get you through several options to reset your previous password. Go for the reliable one either “Text Message” or “Secondary Email” options]
(For Text Message Option. Yahoo! will text the Account Key on that number)
- Step 5: Under the “Do you have access to this phone?” option, hit the “Yes, text me an Account Key” button.
- Step 6: Under the “Verify that you have this phone” section, enter the code or “Account Key” you have received on your Yahoo!-linked phone number.
- Step 7: Now, click the “Verify” option.
- Step 8: Now select the Yahoo! account from the list of email accounts (if multiple accounts are linked with the mobile number) to reset the password.
- Step 9: Finally, hit the “Continue” option.
(For Secondary Email Option. Account Key will be sent to your linked email address with the Yahoo! account)
- Step 5: Under the “Do you have access to this email?” section, click on “Yes, send me an Account Key” option.
- Step 6: Now, under the “Verify that you have access to this email” section, enter the “Account Key” you have received in your secondary email account.
- Step 7: Now, click on the “Verify” option.
- Step 8: Next, click on the “Continue” option to proceed the password reset action.
Solution 2: Access Using Secret Questions
Answering secret questions is one of the easiest ways to regain access to any kind of online accounts as such email accounts or social media accounts. You are suggested to select a familiar Secret Question whose Answer is easy to recall when required. This question can be selected from a list provided by the website official while creating an account or changing the account settings.
- Visit the Yahoo! Contact Page first.
- Click on the “Password and sign in” option.
- Under the Recommended Option, click on “Forgot Password” button.
- Next, enter the Yahoo! email ID and then hit the “Submit” button.
- Now, simply click the “Next” option and enter CAPTCHA code is asked.
- Click on “Use my secret questions” and hit the “Next” button again.
- Now answer to the selected Secret Questions.
- If the correct answer is given, Yahoo prompt will allow you to reset a new login password.
- Enter a new password as you wish and confirm it.
- Finally, click the “Next” button over again to finalize the newly set password.
- Now, using the new password, you may regain access to your Yahoo! account.
In this digital era, we are facilitated with enormous services of the same kind. Each of them has its own unique feature though. So, we need to use all sorts of advantages from the technology surrounded us. Similarly, sometimes, we need to make multiple email accounts for various purposes in one platform or cross-platform. Thus, keeping a multiple account login credential in mind takes effort.Chances are that you could forget login ID or password of any of the important accounts.
Hence, it’s better to keep a list of email account and its login credentials saved somewhere safe and secret. Say it a Cloud drive. Thus, even if you forget the login details, simply access to your cloud drive or any and have a glance of the stuff. What’s your opinion on that?